Posted by: willtblog | April 13, 2010

Update #10: Central Unit Removal + Fiber Glassing

A while ago when I took everything out to fix, I noticed that parts of the fram had been cracked, badly. Me being me, took the thing out and is now fiber glassing it back together.

Left side, bad.

Right side, Really bad.

After undoing the four screws (Not that I needed too, they were already loose due to all the cracks) I pulled the frame out, which exposed some wires that go to the buttons.

Free!

Wires

Wires everywhere! Good job I took these photos to figure out where everything goes back lol.

So, Finally, The main frame, and the damage.

The frame

Damage on the right side

Damage on the left side.

After examining the damage, I roughened up the plastic so the fiber glass will stick to it, and set up ready.

Set up

Done side one

Added a little epoxy resin stuff on the less damaged side.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Categories

%d bloggers like this: